Wednesday 5 January 2011

Preparation for photoshop task

Before I created my characters for my chosen story, I decided to experiment with photoshop and get a custom to the different tools better so that I would be able to have three finished photographs in which would look realistic and that I am happy with.

For my first experiment I decided to turn a young woman into an old lady using photoshop, here are my results:
This image was taken from the internet as I did not neccessarily need a primary photograph as I was only experimenting. Fromthis I then found some photos of old women in which I then began collaging the didfferent faces onto the face of the woman in the original photo. However, this made the photograph look unrealistic and so I changed the opacity of the top layer to about 56 to make the old women's faces appear on the young women, creating the effect of wrinkly skin.
For my second experiment, I decided to have a go at changing the hair colour of someone. Here I have taken a picture of keira knightly from the internet and as you can see she originally has brown hair. Here I will take you through how I changed her hair from brown to blonde hair.

First I opened up my picture within Photoshop

I then clicked>Image>Adjustments>Match colour. By matching the colour of Sarah Jessica Parker's blonde hair to that of Keira Knightly's brown hair, I can begin to see where the highlights and low lights of blonde hair would be and also get the pigment of the blonde hair into the brown hair.

From matching the colour, I ended up with the image above. As you can see Keira Knightley's hair doesn't look realistic at the moment and so wouldn't be very convinsing to use within my character.

I then clicked>Image>Adjustments>Brightness/contrast. This would help me to get so highlights and shadows onto the brown hair where necessary.

Here you can see that the 'blonde hair' is now becoming more realistic to fit in with Keira knightley's skin tones, but I still need to do some work. I then used the 'rubber' tool on opacity 27% in which would make the blonde hair fit in with the face more and look much more realistic.

This is my end result. The 'blonde hair' which was formerly brown looks realistic and fits Keira Knightley's skin tone and face perfectly. There is no dark root and the different tones of the hair make it look very realistic and natural. No one would ever have known that she had brown hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment